Tuesday, September 11, 2007

What makes some works art

27th day 08Sep2007
The plan of action
To help the moving of a friend of mine.
At first, my friend planned to move in the morning, but the hall keeper wasn’t there in the morning, so the plan changed into the afternoon. I helped her just only with bringing her large baggage.

To guide my friend around London.
After I helped the moving, I went to Piccadilly Circus to see a friend of mine. It took me one and a half hour to get there from my hall on walk.
Since he had already walked around Piccadilly Circus while he was waiting for me, I took him to Big Ben. Then we moved along the Themes and we saw a dancing event. At last, we reached Tate Modern, where the Exhibition of UBS Collection. I expected it was closed, but in Friday and Saturday it was open until 10p.m. I entered there and saw some works, which included Francis Bacon, Marcel Duchamp and Liechtenstein etc.
The friend was interested in why such kinds of works were famous and succeeded. I also have same curiosity and we talked about it during seeing them. He said that he thought the reason of their success was not their skill of creation but that of presentation of their concept.
After that, we went to a restaurant, which has the same name with my family name! I expected the owner of the shop had the same name with me, but the origin was Italian and the name had other meaning. I thought I’d like to be patronage of the bar.
http://www.tate.org.uk/


Hearing training. 26-27
I didn’t finish it…

Clean up my room.
I did. I have to keep it for long time.

No comments: