Sunday, September 23, 2007

Go to a bar and MA exhibition

40th day 21September2007 Friday
1. To drink with some friends of mine.
A friend of mine invited me to go to bar with him and a friend of his. The bar had a open space and I came to like it. After that, we went to their flat and drank a little more. The friend of his was unemployed at that time, but he worked in Asia before. He had a lot of stories about his experiences in Asia. It’s very good little party.

2. I visited the exhibition of MA in my course.
What I felt were two things:
1. Concept!
2. God is in the details.
The former is very simple. I didn’t strongly feel the difference between each works in the technical aspects. Of course, as I agreed in this second point, visual effect is quite important. If you can draw pictures very well, it’s strong advantage. However, it hardly becomes the absolute differentiation, because everyone can express their works neatly to some extent, and when I saw the works, they naturally made me think about the concept at first. I don’t know everyone see the works in the same way, but many works of interior design are apparently too complicated to understand it easily, so I think designers have to answer the question in the brain of audiences. I think the designer can explain the concept clearly, audiences must get a good impression.
The latter is similar to the former. I think visual impact is not important unless the quality is outstanding. God is in the details. I felt the work that has a good detail is good, but on the other hand, even if the main part is good, bad details make the works looks bad…

No comments: