Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Switzerland Report_01: FREITAG


I went to Switzerland, mainly Zurich in this weekend.
I would like to introduce what I was interested in there.

A friend of mine in London had a “FREITAG” bag, and the design and quality was very cool. I heard the shop was in Zurich, so I visited there with some friends of mine.

The building itself looked a bit special, which was constructed with stacked containers. It is a clever way to show the brand concept.

Freitag’s main products are bags made with used track tarps, used seat belts, and used inner tubes, and there are many variations, such as wallets, iBook covers and so on.

I think it is very clever as a business. The costs of material are presumably low, but the price of product itself is not low. This brand is very popular at least in Switzerland and I saw a lot of people having them in the cities. It is a good example of how good designs increase a value of things.



FREITAG:
http://www.freitag.ch/shop/FREITAG/page/frontpage/detail.jsf
FREITAG SHOP ZÜRICH
Geroldstrasse 17
CH-8005 Zürich
Switzerland

No comments: