Wednesday, July 16, 2008

London and Tokyo

When I was in café with a friend of mine, he asked me what the most impressive thing is in London.

Honestly when I came to London I was a bit surprised because the city didn’t look so powerful, but the economy was in a good condition.
My impression of Tokyo was totally different. Tokyo was very energetic, but the condition of the economy was not good.
Actually I had not lived in any other country, so I was not aware of the power of Tokyo, but now thanks to my experience of living in London, I can recognize it.

In my opinion, London is more mature city than Tokyo, and the structure of the economy is to get money from the outside of the city.
Tokyo is getting money inside.
Now is still ok, because Tokyo is still big, but in the future the situation is going to be changing. The population should decrease, and the proportion of elder people is going to get larger.
Tokyo should change like London.
My current dream in my career is to support the change in some way or another.

No comments: