Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Is your basement London, Tokyo or anywhere else?

Many friends of mine from Tokyo graduated from their course and was about to go back to Japan.
I guess, for Japanese students in London, which London or Tokyo they choose as their basement is really serious choice, because although the situation of Japan is not so good, it still has a large economy and the quality of products are excellent.

A friend of mine, who has stayed in London for about four years and studied fashion, is also going to go back to Japan. He said he wanted his basement to be Tokyo in the future. He has already stayed in London for a long time, so I thought he might well choose to stay more in London, but he said it was easier to get good products for making clothes in Tokyo.

I think I would like to work for a few years in London after graduation, but finally I might go to Tokyo as well. In London I would be just a foreigner, but I would fully take advantage of my career in Tokyo.
One day, a friend of mine in Japan asked me why I don’t choose to work in London because it would be very exciting. When I just came to London, I entirely agreed with him, but now just working in a foreign country is not so exciting for me.
Where I work is not important, what I will achieve is really significant.
World might be really flat. Recently I has really felt it.

No comments: