Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Engineering work or Financial work?

Interbrand to create branding for engineering body
http://www.designweek.co.uk/Articles/138498/Interbrand+to+create+branding+for+engineering+body.html

Now, many engineering undergraduates want to work in financial industry. I think it is the same as Japan. When I searched for some job just after I graduated from my university in Japan, I saw many engineering students in briefing sessions of financial companies.

I think it is inevitable that students move from engineering industry to financial industry as the situation of industry in the country is changing.

Japan is still strong in engineering world, but I think, in the future, the situation will change. I think Japan should be strong in finance and creative industry, because it is very difficult to survive in labor-intensive industry.

The UK should be already in this situation, so for people who are related with engineering industry it is very important to take back good engineering students, but like I said, I think it looks against trend of the times.

No comments: