Thursday, May 15, 2008

Bicycle repaired/ For succeeding as a designer strong passion must be needed!!!

My bicycle got a flat tire, so I brought it to a repair shop. It is not the nearest one from my place, but it is the cheapest in all I have know. I repaired it only few weeks ago, but the condition of the rear tire was too bad, so it might have been easy for the internal tube to get punctured.

The staff recommended me to change the external tire, but the shop itself already closed, he asked me to come again later. I saw the inside of the shop and it was really messy!!! It was packed with bicycles!!! I was a bit surprised…



A friend of mine in Japan introduced a friend of her who is living in London now to me. I had sent e-mail to her and got an appointment to see her today. We gathered at London Bridge station and went to a café which I usually go when I come to London Bridge. Meeting a new person is always exciting. I really like it, sometimes I get a bit nervous though.

She’s studying English now and moves to the Lake District a few months later. Her English course includes internship, so she works in the Lake District. It might be better for learning English than just staying in London, it might not be so fun though.

She worked in a interior design company and she told me how it was. Her company didn’t want her to quit her job, but she thought the reason was that the salary was too cheap for other people to want to work in the company. I often heard that design and architecture work in Japan was very hard, and her case sounded like the same. It might mean many people want to work in the industry and strong passion must be needed to succeed!!!

No comments: