Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas 2008!!

Christmas of this year has just passed. For Japanese, Christmas is a event for couples, so the mood is a bit different to the western style. In London, it’s for family, so every public transport stops. I’ve got no family in London, so I had nothing to do on Christmas, but some friends of mine invited me to their family party, so I joined it. They were really fantastic time. I’ve almost lost family, so the feeling of family is quite precious, and it reminds me of there being happiness of family.

I hadn’t drunk mulled wine, which is sweet and hot wine, in Tokyo, but now it’s one of my favourite drinks. Mince pie is a traditional dessert for Christmas, and it’s also good. The content in mince pies is called mince meat, but it’s actually not meat but chunks of fruit.

I stayed overnight at my friend’s place and watched some films. One of them was called “Alien Raiders”, which seems to be a low budget film, but it was interesting maybe because I’d expected just a little. Another one was “The kiss of Dragon”, staring Jet Lee, and why we chose the film to see is to know how different the behaviours of western guys and Asian guys are in films. Western guys usually get some girls laid even though they are Asian girls, but Asian guys hardly do that!!! It’s interesting because it might be cultural difference, and sort of manipulation of impressions of cultural appearances. The third one was “The shepherd”. The main actor is Jan-Claude Van Damme, whom I haven’t seen for ages!! He got older, but his action was still high quality. The quality of the film itself was… I shouldn’t say anything.

No comments: