Thursday, August 7, 2008

introducing my course and designers in Japan

My agent called and asked me to introduce my course of the last year to a girl who were interested in it, so I went to their office with my works.

I’m really not sure whether she felt she wanted to enter the course or not, but at least she was a little interested in it.
She just quit her job in Tokyo, then came to London to study Design and Art. She attends a basic course for them.

My agent told us that Japan is not good for designers, but London is very generous to them, so many graduate students of Japanese don’t want to go back to Japan. One of them, he also said, went to Japan and found a job as a designer, but her holiday was just three days in New Year’s holiday in the first three years!! On top of that, it’s not special in Japan, because she actually got three offers from some companies, but that was the best and the others would gave no holiday…

Actually the status of designers might be low in Japan. I would like to improve it, because I think Japan have to change the industrial structure from labor-intensive to knowledge-based.

No comments: