Sunday, February 17, 2008

lost my way

This week, I made models with shapes of honeycombs, but after I talked with my tutor, I changed my idea and I thought I would make models of curved shapes.
It was good that my direction became clear, but there are many curved shapes in the world, so It is difficult to find which shapes I am interested in.

Following my tutor’s advice, I collected some images related with my project. I was interested in modern churches, I selected Ronchamp chapel designed by Le Corbusier, Jubilee Church by Richard Meier.
Then I read “Architecture Now! 3” in the library in my university, and I was really inspired by the works of Calatrava. Curved shapes in his works are quite beautiful and from them I can feel something “sacred”.
My image of a health center of my project is a compounded facility with a spa and a cafĂ©, and looks like a room of a spaceship in “2001: A Space Odyssey, so I chose some images from the film.

I researched like that, but I have not got some inspiration yet… In my last project, I could get some idea about rhythmic shape, but in this project, it is more difficult. I have no choice but making something, but I feel I might lose my way now.

No comments: