Friday, February 22, 2008

I went back to the beginning

I made a model and brought it to my tutorial.
While I made it, I was afraid that the model was too simple, because the model just represented a simple hemisphere, but I like the shape of frame.

My tutor told me that I had gone back to very basic stage. It was just structure. Actually I was not interested in the structure itself but the lighting effect. I should have prepared better. My tutor also suggested me the stage, which was struggling with structures because many people can do sophisticatedly, should be quite difficult.

He also advised me to try to make a smaller space like a bedroom and I should find some ideas from the model.
Maybe my interest is to Architecture, but I should focus on interior now.
I thought curved shapes are very impressive for me as a “sacred” expression, but it’s a matter of exterior. When it comes to interior, I feel lighting effects are very important for expression of “sacred”, so now I think of exploring lighting effects.

No comments: