Saturday, March 1, 2008

Thursday tutorial

On last Monday, since my tutor suggested me that I should research how to sit and human body, I researched them. I gathered some images about relaxation and meditation, including ergonomics chairs, airplane chairs and so on. In addition, I also gathered some art works of lighting, such as James Turrell, Larry Bell and Olafur Eliasson.
I prepared these stuffs, but in this tutorial, which another tutor hosted, he wanted to see not research but materials, so I just showed my models and told him my intention that I thought I was about to make a small relaxation space, following another tutor’s advice, but my presentation just ended up showing the fact that my process was very slow, and my tutor advised me to make twelve sacred spaces for our college. Each space has intended members in the space, from one to twelve.
I guessed his intention of this advice was to make me speed up with giving clear directions. I went back to my start point again, but my direction became clearer, so All I have to do is just try to do it.

No comments: