Friday, August 24, 2007

days in London

4th day
When I woke up, there was a paper on the floor in front of my entrance.
On the paper was some message in Japanese.
I heard a girl who lived in next room was Japanese.
The message was from PK, and she was a messenger for me because I was absent when PK spoke to me about it.
I thought I should say hello to the girl, because I lived there later than her.

When I went out my room to school, I knocked her door and she appeared.
“Hello, I’m Mwayat, I live in the next room, thank you for the message…”
I also asked her two questions about laundry and Internet Access.
Her answer about laundry was that there is laundry machine in B1 but it’s not fee free, so she clean her clothes herself.
That about Internet Access was that the system was prepaid, so if you hadn’t pay the fee yet you couldn’t use it.
Maybe I misunderstood about the system.

On the way to school, I found a local library where wireless network is available free.
At last, I could contact with Japan…

In the English Class, the theme of the writing assessment was announced.
There are three categories, Media, Fashion and Fine Art.
Each one has three options, so I could choose one from nine.
All of them seemed to be interesting, but I thought Media is the closest to Architecture, so I chose among three Media themes “Advertising is the greatest art form in the twentieth century”, that is quoted from Mcluhan.

During evening and night, I thought about this theme.
My interpretation depends on what art forms mean.
If it means styles of art, such as Music, Literature, Picture etc., my hypothesis is “Art is the greatest Ad form”.
But if genres, such as Impressionism, Romantic etc., I have to make construct other acceptable hypothesis.
In order to know which is right, I have to read the original text, but is it in the school library?


5th day
I decided my theme was “Art is the greatest Ad form of the 21st Century”.
But in English Class, such kinds of titles weren’t expected.
Our teacher asked us to plan our schedule for the writing assessment.
I also think it is very interested. I must manage my schedule more strictly.
Today, I felt lack of my English skill, especially hearing and speaking, keenly. I have to change the embarrassment into my motivation for English study.

In the night, I went out to Jazz club which my friend told me, but I couldn’t find it…
I approached it so closely, but I returned the street earlier.
I’ll try it again last week.


6th day
I tried to make spaghetti.
Anyway, I could do it, but the taste of meat sources was too weak.
Today, I planned to go to Jessie’s party, but E-mail from her hadn’t arrived although I asked her to tell me more detail map… I should have sent a respond mail earlier.
I would like to change my residence because the facility and location is not so good, but when I think about cost I feel I should stay my current room…Above that, I found some useful place there…

6th day
Since my class mate taught me the place of Japan Center which is in Piccadilly Circus, I went there.
Almost all of the architectures around there are classic style, so it is very impressive site for me, because I’m not used to seeing such a road.
In Japanese center, there are Japanese Restaurant on the ground floor, Japanese books & goods shop on 1st floor, and Japanese food shop on B1 floor.
I didn’t find how much Japanese books cost, but most Japanese food is about 1.5-2 times as expense as in Japan.

After that, I went to the National Gallery, which is available free.
It’s too large to see every floor in few hours.
There are Holbein, Rubens, Botticelli, Rembrandt etc…
Holbein’s the ambassador was very fine, I didn’t notice it when I saw it on paper in my English class.


7th day
I think I have to plan moving seriously.
There seems to be better and more reasonable place.
As usual, I went to library and connected the Internet.
I search for places to let and found a flat that seemed to be good in central London.
I sent to the Agent e-mail that required more detail information.
Then, I actually went there. It is near Tottenham.
There were a lot of book shops, which included many second hand books store.
I’ve come to like there!

Walking around there, I found the National Portrait Gallery, but I was not so interested in it, so I got out there soon.
In a shop near there, I bought “Voom”. It is like a nutrition drink in Japan and contains raisins and some grains etc. It had a strange taste but I was used to it soon.


8th day 20Aug2007
In the English class, every student had a time to make our essay reviewed by our teacher.
I made a basic mistake, which is changing the title.
I thought I must change it but I misunderstood.
My teacher suggested me that I change my theme, and I decided to follow it.
I couldn’t express my opinion clearly in English.

After class, I went to Canada water with a classmate to purchase a bicycle.
In the conversation with her, I couldn’t understand her easy question.
The cause might be that I have a bat habit of getting rid of some information that I don’t think is important.

9th day 21Aug2007
In the morning, I tried to fix mud guard on my bicycle, but I failed because tools I purchased were not fit into the fix parts.
In the shopping centre at Elephant & Castle station, I checked some drivers and wrenches were sold, so tomorrow I’ll bring my screws and investigate which size is best.

10th day 22Aug2007
I have some trouble with communication yet. I can’t find the best way to improve it.

11th day 23Aug2007
In the English class, teacher told us that there was oral assessment, which was a presentation.
Basically the theme of presentation must be about your work, but I have no work, so I’m going to ask my teacher if the analysis of architecture or Interior Design with some pictures is O.K.

At the night, for studying English, I saw a movie which has the title,” Adaptation”. The main character, who Nicolas Cage acts, is completely coward, but I felt strongly sympathy for him.

Now, my cell phone, which I intend to use as a address book, hasn’t worked. Losing this means losing the way of contact with my friends in Japan… It seems to be trivial thing, but actually a big problem…

No comments: