Tuesday, August 28, 2007

2 weeks have been passed

12th day 24Aug2007
Sometimes I feel that I use a lot of time for unimportant things. If so, you should not do, but they are sometimes what I have to do.
I would like to sell my stock option and stock. It has took a lot time to just set up my account. The U.S. companies are NOT excellent!!
At the evening, I went to the Jazz bar that my friend taught me. I looked for it on Last Friday, but I couldn’t. This time, finally I found it! The reason why it is hard to find is it is in the basement of a church. I don’t know about Jazz well, but I felt it was a good play. Jazz is very free style music. Very, very free.

13th day 25Aug2007 Sat
I went to Chelsea and visited my college, but he guard man talked to me and taught it was closed. Next to my college, there is tate Britain and I entered there. There were some works of Francis Bacon. They were very impressed on me. I feel Distorted human body in his works as somehow real. I feel sympathy.

14th day 26Aug2007 Sun
When I move around London, I always ride my bicycle. In London, bicycles are treated as cars, so I have to change my lane, but it is difficult for me. I’m gradually used to it, but it’s hard.
Carnival was held in Notting Hill, I went there. There were so many people! It looked as if you couldn’t move an inch!
At night, I saw “Fahrenheit 9/11”, it was very interesting. Why isn’t there such a kind of Documentarians in Japan? Or just I couldn’t find them? I’m very impressed on some scenes. A mother who had been a ardent patriot but she lost her son and groaned aloud, solders who looked like good citizens but were negatively influenced by war experience etc.

15th day 27Aug2007 Man
Today was bank holiday. In the U.K., holiday is really holiday. Most of the shops are closed. In the morning I went to a library which I usually used, but it also was closed. I changed my mind soon and went to tate modern. When I went there last time, the exhibition about cities and I thought that it might be useful to make my theme for the oral assessment of my English class, but there was a problem that it was closed today. If I want more information about it, I can’t any more. Maybe, other good ideas are needed.
Then I went to Waterstone’s at Piccadilly Circus and looked for some text books for English Pronunciation. Among from some kinds of the books, I chose Cambridge. The reason I chose it is that it pays attention to both speaking and listening. I must try it every day from today.

No comments: