Sunday, February 15, 2009

Where am I and Where will I go?

Our next essay would be interesting, which is about our positioning. Actually it is not interesting, but it is quite important to decide our future career. In my opinion, it must be a bit surprising that the course work includes an essay about this kind of personal concern. It might be telling us our course still has no clear-cut directions.

My last essay discussed disruptive innovation in design process, and this essay must be related with it, but my concern is slightly different about it, so maybe I need to come up with a good idea for connecting two essays.

Firstly, I was interested in Marketing Innovation, such as viral marketing, Web 2.0 and so on, but I found it a little bit difficult to articulate it because it is a sort of cutting-edge discipline and it is difficult to find proper books about it.

Basically, my concern was to support creativity of creators like designers and artists, so now I’m interested in making network for designers, artists and customers, but actually it has little to do with innovation, so if my argument in this essay relates with this activity, I should find why it is important for innovations. In a way, I think it is very important for innovations, because driving creativity of designers could be a critical factor for innovations, and now I guess it must be possible with making network between creators, but, for that, I need to articulate what the creativity of designers is. According to the research of my last essay, it is supposed be the ability of observation to identify potential opportunities behind what customers say, and maybe I also need to show what designers need to extend their creativities.

No comments: